Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Orienting me

Well folks.... I've made it through three days of orientation so far.
I was too tired to write a post the past couple nights, but tonight I am making myself do it.

Day one: Of course me my crazy obsessive self and I got there 20 minutes early.
After I had walked in, there was a girl that looked just as young as me, but at first I was thinking" Well she looks awful young, and I just don't think we will get along by the way she carried herself."
I know it is bad of me to judge, and I am trying to get better, but that was my first reaction.
And boy you can't judge a person by just seeing them walk in. After she started talking to me, I found out that she was working on the same floor as me, and the same shift! She was also only a year older than me. Long story short, we are now twins in my opinion, and we refuse to be seperated. She is so much like me that it isn't funny.
We get along so well, and we have hung out the whole time so far.

The first day was pretty boring. The usual stuff was talked about, accompanied with boring videos. Those people taught me nothing. Half of what they said was incorrect anyway.

The second day, we were still in orientatio, and that again was boring stuff. I also had to sit through the benefits and retirement part, and they won't let me take retirement out because I am not 21. LOSERS! If I am working, why can't I start saving for when I'm older anyway?!

Today, I started skills. Well actually, today was no skills, instead we had powerpoint shows with voices, and videos. We spent a few minutes on a computer scavenger hunt, but that was exciting as my day got.

Oh I forgot to mention.... there is quite the adorable polite gentleman in my class.
:)
Plus, he's a fireman(WIN.)
We shall see where this takes me....


I have to get ready for tomorrow, including going to bed at a decent time, so That's all I have for tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment